Reports to: Director of First Impressions
Responsible for answering and accurately directing phone calls professionally, greeting clients and visitors positively, and obtaining professional assistance as needed. Performs administrative word processing and data entry projects as needed or requested.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
Switchboard and Reception Area
- Answers incoming calls, within three rings, positively and warmly.
- Accurately directs caller to the appropriate people courteously and professionally.
- Returns to calls placed on hold every 45 seconds, giving the caller the option to continue holding or to leave a message.
- Answers client inquiries, as needed, or directs the inquiry to the person best able to answer.
- Takes and delivers accurate phone messages, with call back numbers, area codes, and names legibly written and promptly relays messages to the proper person.
- Greets incoming clients and visitors in a friendly and positive way. Quickly notifies the person being visited.
- Maintains a neat and tidy reception area, clearing up any clutter on an ongoing basis, and maintains a professional, comfortable general office atmosphere.
- Waters all common-area Agency plants as needed.
- Offers coffee or other refreshments to clients or visitors who are waiting to visit agency staff.
- Keeps an up-to-date calendar of all employees, noting when they are away from the office and their expected return time.
- Keeps the workroom/mail area and conference rooms neat and in order, including end of day tasks such as cleanup, lights, trash, etc.
- Opens, sorts, separates and scans mail accurately for the agency personnel according to mail distribution workflows.
- Processes outgoing mail, including sealing, stamping and bundling of envelopes.
- As time and size of the project allows, stuffs, sorts and labels outgoing bulk-mail projects.
- Maintains a supply of pre-addressed labels and envelopes for outgoing mail.
- Assembles and binds policies, proposals, marketing materials, etc. as needed.
- Remove the agency from any junk mail and junk fax list.
Personal and Organizational Development
- Actively seeks out and performs other agency services support functions and performs clerical duties, as requested or required by others, such as copying, filing, scanning or faxing.
- As needed, assists in preparing and processing bulk mailing projects and other agency projects, which require organization and attention to rote detail.
- Performs other tasks and duties, as requested or required.
Frequent contact with management, vendors, team members, and customers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; preferably fluent in English and Spanish
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility
- Problem solving skills
- Outstanding ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a professional manner
- Must be proficient in MS Office software, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Attention to detail
- High-energy, friendly, outgoing personality
- Writing, composition, and grammar skills adequate to create professional quality letters and emails.
- Ability to learn computer programming of the telephone system and to understand when and how to gain professional outside assistance, as appropriate needs arise.
- Understands and can perform basic office-practice skills, including filing, Word processing, and sorting functions.
- Can carry out a large number of detailed written or verbal instructions with multiple steps, in complex systems performed with a high degree of accuracy and speed.
- Can add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and perform simple calculations involving decimals and simple fractions.
- Ability to file, post, sort or prepare mail projects. Can copy data from one source to another, obtain information from others, and deliver information to others clearly and accurately.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Some college coursework specific to a General Business or Communications preferred
- 2+ years of experience in general office environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, stretch, and walk. Vision requirements include reading a computer monitor, peripheral vision, and the ability to look from screen to objects on desk to visitors walking in the door. Color vision needed. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is frequently performed inside a temperature controlled, office building. Level of noise varies in this fast-paced, busy work environment.