Group Benefit Client Manager
Reports to: Group Benefits Department Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
If you are looking for:
- An employer that provides tremendous growth and invests in your learning
- A professional work environment where teammates are supportive and accountable
- An opportunity to teach new tools and technology to your clients and community
- Standard working hours, with options for remote work and flexible schedules
- A competitive salary with outstanding benefits
- A family-oriented employer that has been in business for over 60 years
Then we should talk, because we are always looking for:
- Self-motivated individuals with an “old-fashioned” work ethic and positive attitude
- Someone with a proven ability to support and potentially lead a team
- A quick learner who can grasp new concepts & ideas in a fast paced environment
- A client-focused professional who is able to listen, communicate, and teach technology
This position is directly responsible for assisting in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing insurance and group benefits accounts. Provides prompt, efficient, friendly, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of Producer activities. Communicates consistently and positively with clients to reinforce our “Client-First” service philosophy. Builds and maintains good relationships with clients and office staff. Follows agency established procedures and guidelines to perform assigned duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A combination of 4 years education or related experience (i.e. insurance claims department, medical office, independent agency, etc.)
- NC Department of Insurance Life and Health License OR ability to obtain license within the first 30 days of employment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to discuss, support, and sell insurance products in states where the agency functions.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) Applied EPIC, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others.
- Must excel at being client focused and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communication
May have some supervisory responsibilities as the business grows.
- Gather information necessary for quoting of new and renewal business involving strict attention to detail, timelines, and workflows
- Prepare client proposals for New Business and Renewals as requested by
- Producers and Department Manager
- Conduct service calls to clients for designated projects
- Perform special projects at the request of designated clients upon approval of Department Manager
- Compile presentation materials in a timely fashion including Benefits
- Booklets and Overviews as well as PowerPoint Presentations
- Generate client renewal documentation and compliance correspondence as indicated by Department Manager
- Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with Client Managers, agency, and company personnel to minimize potential errors and omissions claims
- Monitor audits done by carriers and assists in the completion of these audits with direction from the department manager
- Document in Applied Epic software all material communications with insureds, carriers, or others regarding daily activities
- Generate routine reports from Applied Epic
- Provide technical support to Employee Navigator clients
- Assist in building and updating Employee Navigator client sites
- Maintain an appropriate insurance license and continuing education as required
- Performs other functions as assigned by Department Manager and Producers
This is primarily a sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand, as necessary.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, copier, filing cabinets and fax machine.
Some travel is required to visit client sites.