Team Support Specialist
Reports to: Department Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Revised: May 2020
Assists in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing insurance and group benefits accounts. Provides prompt, efficient, friendly, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of Producer activities. Communicates consistently and positively with clients to reinforce our “Client-first” service philosophy. Builds and maintains good relationships with clients and office staff. Follows agency established procedures and guidelines to perform assigned duties.
Assists Account Managers (AM) by processing changes and renewals, by doing rating and/or data entry, making calls to clients or company, or by assisting in any other areas as instructed by the AM.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others.
- Must excel at being client focused and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications.
- Two (2) years education beyond high school
- Two (2) years professional office experience (e.g. insurance, medical, legal)
- General office setting Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00 with flextime available
- Fast-paced multi-tasking team environment
- Occasional travel may be required
POSITION FUNCTIONS – Typical duties and tasks depending on department assignment:
- Maintains digital files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Processes change requests for auto and types ID cards on the same day as requested.
- Processes change confirmations on the same day as requested.
- Processes confirmed cancellations on the same day as requested.
- Seeks advice from AMs with any problem with their accounts.
- Maintains working knowledge of all company change procedures.
- Assists or fills-in for AMs as directed.
- Inputs late-payment notices, direct notice of cancellations, and payment-received notices into the agency automation system.
- Processes paperwork assigned by AMs on the same day as requested.
- Print proposals, policy notebooks, and other materials for client visits
- Maintains working knowledge of all rating products and processes backup rating when needed.
- Employee Navigator site builds
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the job.
- Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the agency’s business needs.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management.
- Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees.