Team Support Specialist
Reports to: Group Benefits Department Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Revised: December 2020
This position is directly responsible for assisting in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing insurance and group benefits accounts. Provides prompt, efficient, friendly, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of Producer activities. Communicates consistently and positively with clients to reinforce our “Client-First” service philosophy. Builds and maintains good relationships with clients and office staff. Follows agency established procedures and guidelines to perform assigned duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others
- Must excel at being client focused and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications.
- A combination of 2 years education or related office experience (i.e. insurance claims department, medical office, independent agency, etc.)
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, copier, filing cabinets and fax machine.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Typical duties and tasks depending on department assignment:
- Maintains digital files in an orderly, up-to-date manner
- Processes change requests for clients on the same day as requested
- Processes confirmed cancellations on the same day as requested
- Seeks advice from Accounts Managers (AMs) with any problem with their accounts
- Maintains working knowledge of all company change procedures
- Assists or fills-in for AMs as directed
- Inputs late-payment notices direct notice of cancellations, and payment-received notices into the agency automation system
- Processes paperwork assigned by AMs on the same day as requested
- Print proposals, policy notebooks, and other materials for client visits
- Runs carrier quotes for new potential groups
- Creates renewal spreadsheets and other necessary materials for existing clients
- Employee Navigator site builds
- Performs other functions as assigned by management
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the job.
- Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the agency’s business needs.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management.
- Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees.