Marketing and Brand Manager
Reports to: Outreach Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revised: December 2020
This position is responsible for leading the company’s goal-based marketing initiatives by applying marketing techniques, market research data, analysis, strategies, and planning. This position oversees the production of promotional materials and marketing campaigns using select vendors or developing materials in-house working within the marketing budget. Duties require regular interaction with the sales team and producing marketing and sales results to the Outreach Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Public Relations, Communications, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in marketing & sales in a commission-based environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) and experience with CRM systems
- Experience applying a sales process
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of marketing practices and principles
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organization, and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Strategic thinking skills and experience generating original ideas
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects independently
- Strong project management skills to manage timelines and work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external clients
- Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Excellent communicator and team collaborator to drive the company’s culture via video, audio, and writing
- Experience and ability to research, create, draft, and execute effective marketing/sales campaigns
May have some supervisory responsibilities as the business grows.
- Establishes marketing goals in coordination with the Outreach Director
- Owns the creative development and initiatives for campaigns, promotional materials, website content, and outreach programs
- Researches current marketing strategies and other relevant information
- Utilizes an array of marketing tools including web-based media, traditional media, hardcopy, venue sponsorship, products, community activities, and a variety of other advertising platforms to promote company initiatives
- Adjusts marketing campaigns and strategies as needed in response to feedback from the sales team, data analysis, cost-effectiveness, and comments
- Manages event coordination including topics, presenters, securing venues, print publications, and attendance confirmations
- Provides follow-up communication with invitees in collaboration with sales representatives
- Tracks all marketing and outreach initiatives by completing reports and verbal presentations to the Outreach Director
This is primarily a sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand, as necessary.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, copier, filing cabinets and fax machine.
Moderate travel is required for this position.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.