Location: Garner, NC
If you seek:
- An employer that invests in (and encourages) your learning and growth.
- A professional work environment where teammates are supportive and accountable.
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your clients and community.
- Standard working hours, with options for remote work and flexible schedules.
- A competitive salary with outstanding benefits.
- A family-oriented employer that has been in business for over 60 years
Then, we should talk.
What We are Seeking:
- Self-motivated individuals with an “old-fashioned” work ethic and positive attitude
- A proven ability to support and lead a team
- A subject matter expert of employment laws and compliance
- A client-focused professional – who is able to listen, communicate, and advise
This position is directly responsible for providing human resources knowledge and expertise for the clients of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in the related field
- PHR/SPHR certification or SHRM-Certified Professional is required
- 8 to 10 years of experience in a HR role that involves recruiting, onboarding/training, employee relations, managing regulatory and compliance issues.
- Must have excellent diagnostic, problem solving and consultative skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work.
- Strong knowledge of HR principles and practices coupled with a working knowledge of the HR field
- Ability to manage, direct and motivate change.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self- starter and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess subject matter expertise in federal and state employment laws.
- Proven professional that is organized, proactive and decisive.
- Collaborative team player and be at ease in dealing with all levels of staff.
- Strong relationship and influencing skills; possess and exhibit professional presence.
- Ability to forecast company and clients’ needs in regards to staffing, employee relations, compliance and benefits.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective management consultation in HR areas.
- Must be able to consistently and effectively develop, interpret and apply a variety of HR policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated competency with MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess driver’s license with no more than 3 points.
- Support clients in all HR functions including but not limited to recruiting, onboarding, employee/supervisor relations, managing change in regulatory and compliance issues; act as the subject matter expert in these areas.
- Drive organization, leadership, culture and talent solutions that optimizes the organization and enables business growth and success.
- Provide both transformational advice and transactional support that delivers best practice HR solutions to support company and clients’ business plan.
- Partner with business development managers to support existing clients and grow the client base.
- Attend and present HR topics at bi-monthly networking events
- Responsible for facilitating positive employee relations by assisting employees and managers in resolving work related complaints/issues, counsels management on how to handle situations and ensure good communication between employees and managers.
- Proactively gain client feedback to support HR areas to improve service levels.
- Evaluate reports, decisions and results of HR initiatives in relation to established goals; recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to the continual improvements in efficiency of the HR department and services performed.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of client issues and provide consultative solutions with the client’s best interest in mind.
- Equip clients with tools and knowledge to effectively manage their teams in alignment with their people/business plan.
- Provide coaching sessions and trainings to support clients’ needs in regard to employee engagement, retention and performance management.
- Maintain HR certifications by attending accredited seminars, training courses and keep current with trends in the HR profession.
- General office setting Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00 with flextime available
- Fast-paced multi-tasking team environment
- Occasional travel may be required
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the job.
- Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the agency’s business needs.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management.
- Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees