Business Insurance Client Manager
Reports to: Business Insurance Department Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Revised: May 2020
Assists in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing insurance and group benefits accounts. Provides prompt, efficient, friendly, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of Producer activities. Communicates consistently and positively with clients to reinforce our “Client-first” service philosophy. Builds and maintains good relationships with clients and office staff. Follows agency established procedures and guidelines to perform assigned duties.
- Gather information and risk management recommendations for renewals.
- Serve as the agency’s primary “eyes and ears” using judgment and experience to involve Producer and Management when appropriate on claims, payment problems, loss control and renewals.
- Conducts periodic service calls for designated accounts.
- Performs special projects at the request of designated clients after being approved by manager.
- Compiles binders and endorsement requests in a timely fashion
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, agency, and company personnel to minimize potential for errors & omissions claims.
- After reviewing updated client exposure survey information, obtains other renewal information from insured, and completes applications for designated renewal business. Assists Producer(s) as needed. Analyzes renewal process with Producer to have a common understanding.
- Reviews renewals to determine if non-standard policies can be rewritten in a standard program.
- Receives phone calls and office visitors requesting quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Completes changes/requests within 24 hours of receipt. Determines acceptability and placement, completes applications or endorsements, and collects premium when applicable.
- Reviews existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be solicited and does so by mail, email and/or phone prior to renewal.
- Receives and reviews all terminations and cancellations to determine action.
- Handles premium collection through form letters and requests cancellation of policies when necessary.
- Follows up on outstanding claims and provides assistance in their resolution, as necessary.
- Monitors audits done by carriers and manages the Agency’s handling of these audits.
- Documents in Applied Epic software all material communications with insureds, carriers, or others regarding accounts.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- Works closely with Producers on new Prospects to maximize success. Includes gathering information, completing submissions and rating, communicating with underwriters and Prospects, and preparing proposals.
- Solicits expiration dates for policies not written by agency.
- Actively solicits increases in limits and/ or coverages or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects; follows up to generate new business using prospect database and automation system.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – None
- Maintains continuing education credit hours as needed for insurance license.
- Maintains an appropriate professional insurance designation such as CIC, CISR, or CPSR.
- Assists in training other new employees.
- Willingness be an active member in a continuous learning environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to discuss, support and sell insurance products in states where the agency functions.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Applied EPIC, etc.
- Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others.
- Must excel at being client focused and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications.
- NC Department of Insurance Property & Casualty license
- Two (2) years education beyond high school
- Five (5) years experience specifically working in Property & Casualty insurance
- General office setting Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00 with flextime available
- Fast-paced multi-tasking team environment
- Occasional travel may be required
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the job.
- Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the agency’s business needs.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management.
- Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees.