Business Insurance Advisor
Reports to: Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revised: May 2020
The Business Insurance Advisor is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting and selling new Business Insurance Accounts. Continuing to counsel and market to existing clients professionally is another essential function of the position. Specific sales goals and service responsibilities are determined during the yearly planning process for this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Identifies and develops insurance prospects.
- Generates and responds to referrals quickly and effectively.
- Pre-qualifies insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk.
- Creates and maintains client or prospect lists.
- Designs insurance plans and recommends coverages to clients.
- Surveys loss exposures, needs, and possible uninsurable or difficult to insure exposures for clients.
- Creates insurance proposals, makes sales presentations to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business.
Knowledge, Education and Skills
- Ability to discuss, support and sell insurance products in states where the agency functions.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Applied EPIC, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others.
- Must excel at being client focused and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications.
- College education.
- Two years of successful business-to-business sales experience.
- NC Department of Insurance Property & Casualty License.
- Proven leadership ability.
- High-pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption.
- Working in excess of normal office hours and some travel is required.
- Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the job. There is a more detailed version which is available.
- Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the agency’s business needs.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management.
- Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees.